It’s a beautiful week to explore the richness of the season and most importantly, to begin the journey of our #CHILDHERO short story blog contest!
Every year, Peregrine Reads is pleased to organize contests that can add value to humanity. Last December, we pulled the curtains up with our #12DaysofChristmas poetry contest and this year, we are pulling up the curtains again with the #CHILDHERO short story contest; aimed at telling the stories of the disadvantaged children in our midst, to bring a re-birth to their lives through vivid images that can connect us back to them and awaken our spirit for a deeper call for responsibility towards the children.
I wish to extend my sincere gratitude to those that have assisted in spreading word on the #CHILDHERO contest and to the blogs that assisted in extending the news about the contest. Massive thanks to you!
The deadline for submission is slowly coming to a wrap as entries end today!
Contrary to the initial announcement made on the call for entry, the start of the contest has now been moved from the 15th (Tomorrow) to the 16th (wednesday). The purpose of this is to round off proper organizing of the contest so as to announce the short-listed contestants and the judges tomorrow. However, submission deadline still remains today.
If you have entered for the #CHILDHERO short story contest, you stand a great chance of being short-listed for the contest. Your submissions are greatly appreciated!
If you have shown keen interest in supporting the cause for children with your short story and you’re yet to send in your entry, please do so in consideration of the deadline being today.
On the 16th of December (Wednesday), the contest will officially begin, and the short stories of the contestants shall be shared on the blog in the mode at which the contest will run which will be posted tomorrow.
The contestants who have chosen to be the voices for the children will tell the stories of the children through a myriad of emotions to provoke the essence of our purpose towards every child, but only one story is required to qualify for the #CHILDHERO short film Project.
Who will be the winning #CHILDHERO for Peregrine Reads 2015 CHILD HERO short story contest?
Which of the contestants would have told a child’s story best from the depth of their emotions and creativity?
The choice is up to us and to the judges who would give their strict reviews on the works of the contestants but we hold the mantle in deciding who qualifies best as our winner!
Once again, the contest officially kicks off on Wednesday (16th of December). Contestant’s are expected to share their beautiful works of creativity with family, friends and friends of friends to support them with votes of comments and aid in raising a widespread child awareness with their story.
The more comments your work gets; the more chances you have of emerging winner of the contest as winner will emerge from the Judge’s reviews and people’s vote of comments.
COMPETITION QUICK FACTS:
- Submission deadline: 14th of December, 2015 (Midnight of today)
- Judges and short-listed contestants will be unveiled tomorrow (15th of December)
- Contest Officially begins on the 16th of December (Wednesday)
- Means of VOTING is by people’s vote of comments
- All contesting works remain open for comments till the 31st of December.
- Voting officially closes by midnight of the 31st of December.
- Announcement of winner: 1st January, 2016
- Winning #CHILDHERO’s short story gets qualified for the #CHILDHERO short film.
- #CHILDHERO contest IS NOT a child contest (i.e. not open to children participants) It is a child campaign contest which is open to eligible persons who are interested in creating awareness for children with their short story.
- Non-participants of the #ChildHero contest stands a chance of winning a gift. All you need to do is keep tweeting about the contest with the hashtag #CHILDHERO and Non-participant with the most retweet wins a gift!
For full submission guidelines, please visit the call for entry page here.
Compliments of the season from Peregrine Reads to you and your household!
To partner with Peregrine Reads on this initiative or to share your ideas, kindly send a mail to email@example.com. Your suggestions are highly welcome and appreciated!
Do you have an article you’ve written or would like to write? Something else you’d like to share with us on Peregrine Reads? Wish to be Interviewed? Don’t hesitate to send submissions/Interview request to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Thank You.