You stand a chance to win N,10,000.00 in the #PATRIOTSFORCHANGE Creativity contest!
Hello Peregrine Readers,
Welcome to the last day of August!
It’s been a wonderful ride in the past weeks on Peregrinereads.org, but before we exhale the past events of August and inhale the excitement of september, I wish to finally bring to you–PATRIOTS FOR CHANGE (PFC) CREATIVITY CONTEST!– In celebration of Nigeria’s Independence.
It’s that time of the year again where the exciting rush of events fill our minds and hands with so much creativity that we cannot but express ourselves for the passion, the fun and for the freebies!
If you followed us down the lane of #12daysofChristmas Poetry contest Last year’s Christmas, we are calling on you to journey with us again through the Independence Day contest because it’s going to be so much fun!
My sincere appreciation to everyone who participated in suggesting a title, all of your suggestions actually did suggest the title of the contest. Thank You and I hope you like it?
Massive thanks to Obinna Mazi who came up with the idea and creation of the banner for the contest!
So let’s get into it….
#PatriotsForChange (PFC) is more than just a theme. It’s an open platform for Nigerians to creatively showcase their patriotism by means of their art in the spirit of Nigeria’s INDEPENDENCE.
Submissions are currently open for the #PatriotsForChange contest coming your way on the 15th of September. The contest is open to several forms of art. This means that aspiring contestants are free to send in any work of art (Poems, articles, prose (fiction, and creative nonfiction), drawing, paintings, photography, etc.) that creatively and passionately expresses their patriotism to Nigeria.
Submission of works for the #PatriotsForChange contest ends on the 14th of September. The contest officially kicks off on the 15th September and works will be open for likes running from then till 30th September –deadline for likes of each piece of work.
On the 1st of October (Independence Day), the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be announced by virtue of the “most likes” on each piece of work and prizes would be awarded subsequently to winners. This brings the contest to an end.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION:
- Participant must be the certified owner of the submitted piece of work.
- It is an open contest. Therefore all works of art are welcome.
- Poetry/prose/article submissions must be in Microsoft Word format before it is emailed
- Submission should come with the subject– Hashtag “Patriots for change” or simply “PFC” next the title of your work (e.g #PatriotsForChange An Ode to my country)
- Entrants should remember to include: Name, Location, social network and contact details
- Selected winners will emerge STRICTLY from the highest LIKES from all of the contesting works. This means that the number of comments on a piece does not count.
- Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Finally, entry closes on the 14th of September 2015 and Contest officially begins on the 15th of September
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE CONTEST:
- 14th of September– Deadline for submission of works
- 15th of September– Start of Contest
- 30th of September– Deadline for likes
- 1st October– Announcement of 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners and issuing of prizes.
The part we’re all waiting for! Freebies would be limited to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners! So three spots are open for the win!
- 1st place winner- N,10,000.00
- 2nd place winner- N 5,000.00
- 3rd place winner- 3,000.00
There you go! All you have to do is, send an entry for a chance to be the WINNER of the ultimate prize of N10,000,00!!!
What are you waiting for? Come test your creativity!
SPREAD THE WORD!!!
To partner with Peregrine Reads on this initiative or to share your ideas, kindly send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your suggestions are highly welcome and appreciated!
Do you have an article you’ve written or would like to write? Something else you’d like to share with us on Peregrine Reads? Wish to be Interviewed? Don’t hesitate to send submissions/Interview request to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank You.