PEREGRINE READS ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CONTEST PRESENTS…….
#CHILDHERO 2015 christmas Short Story Contest!
It’s another December of Joy, Laughter and Merriment!
The bloom and sweetened scent of December slithering through our nostrils and causing our cheeks to swell reminds us that Christmas is here again with a lot of beautiful packages– Vacation, visits from family and friends, romance, mistletoes, Christmas gifts, Christmas lights, trees, wine and dines but most importantly, our ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CONTEST!
Yes, here on PEREGRINE READS, for your support all through the year, every Christmas, we share the joys of yuletide together by entertaining ourselves with packages of passion and creativity.
How do we do this?
By exploring the season of Christmas to squeeze out the finest juice from the raw of our creativity.
By digging deeply into the season of Christmas to bring a re-birth to the lost, forgotten and neglected aspects of life through the inner world of our emotions….
By creatively and prolifically using our diverse individual style to convey our message, share our experiences and explore our artistic creativity using the season of Christmas…
This year, we are ON A MISSION to achieve that and even more!
From the concept of #12DaysofChristmas, here’s bringing to you a brand new package entitled #CHILDHERO
- #CHILDHERO, more than a short story contest, is a child campaign aimed at sharing the hopes and dreams of children who through circumstances have been deprived of the best things in life.
- #CHILDHERO aims to connect the dots of the overlooked lives of lost and forgotten, less-privileged, malnourished, handicapped, maltreated children.
- #CHILDHERO aims at creating a child awareness that will expose the terror and dangers faced by children in the society daily and its varying social causes.
- #CHILDHERO aims to support in a unique way, the causes of children among us, with the spirit of Christmas by imprinting their dreams and hopes in our hearts and awakening the spirit of responsibility from us towards the children who are our hopes for a greater tomorrow.
To achieve this, Peregrine Reads invites participation from everyone who is enthusiastic about fostering the initiative of contributing to a good cause for children through the expression of their art, to enter for the #CHILDHERO short story contest by submitting their short story to firstname.lastname@example.org with the submission title “#CHILDHERO short story contest.”
Thematic concept of stories to be submitted should be centred STRICTLY on children and submission too should be strictly short story. Any form of submission in this regard which does not have the focus of the aforesaid will not be welcome.
#CHILDHERO platform, an initiative of #12DaysofChristmas annual blog contest hopes to use the season of yuletide to explore the lives of children among us by sharing short stories from 12 CONTESTANTS which will be published on the blog on 12 Christmas days, commencing on the 15th of December and ending on the 26th of December.
So, as we had it last year, from the 15th of December, one contestant’s story goes up on the blog up, and subsequently, until the 26th of December. Contestants will then invite family, friends and friends of friends to like and share their beautiful short story with others who will share with others too. With that, we can create a larger awareness for children this season of Christmas.
The contestant with the highest amount of “comments” on their work of creativity becomes our 2015 christmas #CHILDHERO!
The winning #CHILDHERO stands a chance of getting their short story filmed by a film production team (with the consent of the winner)!
Sounds interesting? Let’s get started!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE/ RULES OF SUBMISSION/ELLIGIBILITY:
- Send in your short story to email@example.com with the submission title “#CHILDHERO short story contest” alongside your name and contact details (Number and social network names and a link to your blog/website) underneath your submission.
- Short story must be sent in through MS Word Doc format
- Short story must be between 1,500 to 4000 words. Entries must not exceed 4,000 words unless it will be disqualified.
- Characters in short story may be 6 or less.
- Submission ends on the 14th of December.
- Contest officially begins on the 15th of December
- Means of VOTING is by comments and all contesting works remain open for comments till the 31st of December.
- Voting officially closes by midnight of the 31st of December.
- #CHILDHERO contest IS NOT a child contest (i.e not open to children participants) but to eligible persons who are interested in creating awareness for children with their short story.
With the celebration of the new year on the 1st of January, the results will be ready and the winner will be announced on the blog!
The winner of The 2015 Peregrine Reads #CHILDHERO contest not only stands a chance of getting their work filmed but also gets an exclusive gift!
Did I forget to add?
Non-participants stand a chance to win a Christmas gift too! All you need to do is keep tweeting about the contest with the hashtag #CHILDHERO. The #CHILDHERO contest supporter with the highest twitter retweets will be announced at the end of the contest, alongside the winner and will also get an exclusive gift!
WHY YOU MAY WANT TO BE PART OF THIS:
Want to make a difference? Want to tell your story through vivid pictures? Always wanted to do something for the children? Want to have your name in a film that can make a positive impact, and who knows, may get to the big screen? Just want to be remembered as a #CHILDHERO?
Then what are you waiting for?
Get thinking, get writing! It’s going to be an AWESOME DECEMBER for making a big difference!
Happy New Month!
THE COUNTDOWN HAS JUST BEGAN!!!….
It’s 13 days to go……
SPREAD THE WORD!!!…
To partner with Peregrine Reads on this initiative or to share your ideas, kindly send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your suggestions are highly welcome and appreciated!
Do you have an article you’ve written or would like to write? Something else you’d like to share with us on Peregrine Reads? Wish to be Interviewed? Don’t hesitate to send submissions/Interview request to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank You.